Certified Diabetes Educator
Email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org include the position in the subject of your application email. This is a full-time permanent employee position located at our iHealth office in Sunnyvale California.
Join us to reshape the future of chronic disease management! iHealth Labs introduced the first smartphone-connected blood pressure monitor in the world. Since then, iHealth Labs has become a global leader in digital health technology, offering a line of award-winning mobile health devices and comprehensive chronic disease management solutions. Our mission is to connect patient care at the doctor’s office with individual’s daily life and provide real-time support to empower people with chronic conditions live healthier.
We’re seeking a passionate diabetes management expert to join our Share Care team with both technical and clinical roles to develop an innovative, team-based chronic disease online management program. You will utilize the iHealth devices and Share Care platform to manage diabetic patients both on site and remotely with other clinical team members.
- Work with a cross-functional product team to develop and constantly improve digital health solutions to extend the chronic disease management beyond doctor’s office.
- Serve as the leader of clinical service team, to develop clinical protocols and educational content for diabetes and hypertension self-management education program that meets AADE and AHA standards.
- Collaboratively develop an individualized care plan, behavior goals and learning objectives with each patient. Provide individual case management to patients.
- Use the established Standards of Practice and Professional Performance (SOP/SOPP) in diabetes care and evidence-based practice guidelines to determine the educational interventions for each individual.
- Collaborate with primary care physicians and other clinicians, utilize iHealth Share Care platform and devices to track and monitor outcomes and provide educational interventions. Provide real-time support to program participant remotely at shifts.
- Document assessment data, educational plan, educational services provided and evaluation results in each participant’s educational records.
- Utilize a team approach to provide services and collaborates and communicate with team members when needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) credentialed by the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE), with background of a licensed RN/NP(Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner), Pharmacist, or RD/RDN (Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist). Board Certified, Advanced Diabetes Management (BC-ADM) is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in nursing or health related field. Advanced degree (Master in health-related field, PhD, PharmD, or MD) is preferred.
At least three years clinical experience as a CDE in a diabetes education center or a diabetes care focused medical center. Leadership in a Diabetes Education Accreditation Program (DEAP) is preferred. Extensive, direct hands-on experience on the care of patients with chronic conditions is required. Digital health experience is appreciated but not mandatory.
- Height adjustable desk and ergonomic chair
- Macbook Pro with a 4K monitor
- Healthy snacks everyday
- Collaboration lounge space
- Game room with Ping Pong table
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. *
* Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers. *