Computational Chemistry Scientist
Email us directly at email@example.com include the Requisition Number in the subject of your application email. Candidates preferably relocate to iHealth Silicon Valley office located at Sunnyvale, CA. This is a full-time permanent employee position.
Join us to reshape the future of healthcare! iHealth Labs introduced the first smartphone-connected blood pressure monitor in the world. Since then, iHealth Labs has become a global leader in digital healthcare technology, offering a line of award-winning mobile health devices and comprehensive healthcare software solutions.
- Interrogate large scale health data in support of new therapeutic discoveries for the treatment of chronic conditions; (40% of the time)
- Provide computational chemistry support to ongoing chronic condition management projects and new target development initiatives
- Develop novel computational approaches to aid in the systematic identification and intervention of chronic condition management using patient historical data from past 10 years collected by iHealth Labs;
- Analyze trend and statistics of various vitals, such as blood pressure, blood glucose, weight and activity data, and find correlations between them;
- Based on goals of chronic conditions, analyze contributing factors, including but not limited to, vital signs, personal behavior, and interventions;
- Create effective care pathways based on the analysis result for different chronic conditions;
- Analyze blood glucose results based on patient’s location, local weather & humidity, to better understand biochemistry effect of iHealth blood glucose test strips, and provide improved test algorithms for more accurate results.
- Through own efforts or by working with software engineers, develop world-class healthcare software that manage patients with chronic conditions; (30% of the time)
- Base on biochemistry study, implement algorithm for blood glucose test strip to improve accuracy;
- Work with engineering team to build healthcare software solutions to improve care for patients with chronic conditions.
- Work with a wide variety of colleagues (e.g., scientist, engineer, business) to propose and build solutions; (10% of the time)
- Work with iHealth medical scientist to analyze study result and come up new algorithm or care plans to treat chronic condition patients;
- Work with engineers on chronic condition care pathways, help engineers to understand the solutions, and contribute to software code base.
- Use strong computational and data visualization skills to bring together disparate data types in compelling visualization packages that provide end users with the ability to see both ‘the landscape’ and details leading to improved decision-making; (15% of the time)
- Create dashboard to demonstrate trend of patients vitals’;
- Analyze patient data, and create dashboard to demonstrate patient’s condition progressing over time, by different condition, age group, etc.
- Contribute to a wide variety of missions related to medical software design and implementation. (5% of the time)
Requirements & Qualifications
- A PhD degree in Chemistry is required;
- Demonstrated exemplary skills in all aspects of modern computational chemistry including structure-based design, conformational analysis and large data analytics;
- Deep experience implementing computational chemistry strategies with modern software development, including algorithm design, mobile apps and web application;
- Demonstrated experience functioning within strong multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Demonstrated experience in complex problem solving through in depth analysis of data;
- Experience in software development is strongly preferred;
- Strong communication skills.
The candidate will have a very high level of responsibility. In general, the candidate will have significant independence in her assignments. She will take ownership and responsibility for the projects assigned and work effectively both in teams and independently, with limited guidance on complex tasks.
- Height adjustable desk and ergonomic chair
- Macbook Pro with a 4K monitor
- Healthy snacks everyday
- Collaboration lounge space
- Game room with Ping Pong table
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. *
* Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers. *