- iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test
- iHealth Thermometer (PT3)
- Wireless Smart-Gluco Monitoring System
- Align Glucose Meter (BG1)
- Clear Blood Pressure Monitor (BPM1)
- Feel Wireless Blood Pressure Monitor (BP5)
- Track Connected Blood Pressure Monitor (550BT)
- Ease Blood Pressure Monitor (BP3L)
- View Wireless Blood Pressure Wrist Monitor (BP7S)
- Sense Wireless Blood Pressure Wrist Monitor (BP7)
- Core Wireless Body Composition Scale (HS6)
- Wireless Body Analysis Scale (HS5)
- Lite Wireless Scale (HS4/HS4S)
- Wireless Scale (HS3)
- Wireless Pulse Oximeter (PO3)
- Wave Activity, Swim, and Sleep Tracker (AM4)
- Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker (AM3)
- Shipping and Returns
- About Us
Apple iOS devices (requires iOS version 8.0 or higher)
SUPPORT iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS MAX by using the original Apple Lighting to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter
- iPhone 7/7 Plus
- iPhone 6S/6S Plus
- iPhone 6/6 Plus
- iPhone 5S/5C
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- IPod Touch 6th Gen
- iPod Touch 5th Gen
Test Strips and Coding
Only use iHealth brand test strips with the iHealth system.
Before we can see if there is an issue with the app, we need to make sure the iHealth Align is making a connection and is fully powered.
When plugging in the iHealth Align, you will see that the Align symbol on the app (upper left) will turn blue to show that the connection is activated. If this does not happen, it could be one of 2 issues:
- The Align is not fully plugged in, or could be blocked by your phone case
- The battery in the Align is dead or not fully charged
You may click on the How-To video link below to verify that everything is being done correctly.
Control solution can be purchased in our online store at www.ihealthlabs.com.
No. You only need to scan QR code when you open a new vial of test strips.
The QR code is located on the top of iHealth test strip vial. You must scan the QR code before using it for the first time and any time you open a new vial of test strips. The QR code scanning feature provides you with a convenient way to code the meter with the test strips to ensure accurate blood glucose results. Scanning the QR code also enables the app to track and show you the quantity of test strips in the vial, as well as expiration information.
An error message will appear on the app to remind you to use a new test strip or an error code will display on the meter if you are doing an offline test.
Make sure you insert the test strip with the contact bars facing up into the test strip port.
Store your iHealth test strips in their original vial only. Never store them in another vial, any other container or outside the vial.
No, you should only use a test strip once.
Shake a test strip out into your hand. Try not to touch the end of the strip. Wash and dry your hands thoroughly before you open the test strip vial. Use the test strip immediately after you remove it from the vial. Don’t expose test strips to direct sunlight or extreme heat. Don’t freeze test strips or store them in extreme cold. Immediately close the vial after you open it. Store test strips in their original vial with the lid securely closed. Do note transfer test strips between vials.Keep test strips in a dry place and follow the recommended storage conditions as specified in the user’s manual: Storage condition: 39.2° F ~ 86° F (4° C ~ 30° C), Humidity 10% ~ 80% RH.
Once the test strips are opened and scanned for the first time, a countdown of 90 days begins. This is to prevent any inaccuracies due to the test strips being exposed to moisture, light, etc.
Checking Blood Glucose
Once the blood sample is on the test strip, it takes about five seconds to get your reading.
Please refer to the “Limitations of Use” section in the owner’s manual.
The iHealth system provides you with the whole blood equivalent results. The result you obtain may differ somewhat from other home use glucose meters result due to normal variation. You can take a control solution test if you suspect the test results are not accurate. Refer to the “Performing a Control Solution Test” section on owner’s manual.
The clear cap is for palm, forearm, upper arm, calf, or thigh sampling only. Replace the lancing device cap with the Clear Cap when doing an AST test.
Yes. Alternate Site Testing (AST) is the use of parts of the body, other than the fingertips, to check blood glucose levels. The iHealth system allows you to test on the palm, forearm, upper arm, calf, or thigh with equivalent results to fingertip testing when used at appropriate times. There are limitations for doing AST. Please consult your healthcare professional before you conduct AST. The iHealth system should only be used for AST under steady-state blood glucose conditions. Refer to the “Information about Alternate Site Testing (AST)” section on owner’s manual for detailed information.
The control solution test using iHealth control solution ensures that you are performing tests correctly and receiving accurate results. Refer to the “Important Information About Control Solution Tests” section on the owner’s manual for detailed instructions.
Prepare the lancing device first by following the steps below and press the lancing device against the site to be lanced.
Press the release button to puncture the site.
- Snap off the lancet device cap
- Insert a new lancet firmly into the lancing holder cup
- Twist the lancet cover off
- Replace the lancing device cap
- Set the lancing level
- Cock the handle until it clicks
Control solution tests should be performed when:
- First receiving or purchasing the meter.
- Checking the meter and test strips (which should be done at least once a week).
- Using a new vial of test strips.
- You suspect the meter or test strips are not working properly.
- Your blood glucose test results are not consistent with your expectation, or you think the results are not accurate.
- Practicing the testing process.
- The meter has been dropped or damaged.
There are a few ways you can improve blood flow and make blood glucose checks easier:
- Warm your fingers by washing with warm, soapy water, then rinse and dry completely.
- Let your arm hang down at your side to increase blood flow to the fingertips.
- Grasp finger just below the joint closest to the fingertip and massage gently toward tip of finger, then squeeze for 3 seconds.
- Set the iHealth lancing device at the appropriate level for you.
Minimum of 0.7 micro liter is required.
Make sure the confirmation window of the test strip is completely filled with the blood sample. Remove your finger quickly when countdown appears in the meter display or when you hear a sound alert from the app if the meter is connected to a mobile device.
Please remove the test strip and meter from your mobile device after each reading to conserve battery life
iHealth Align comes with two CR1620 batteries. Install the battery before use. Please refer to the Quick Start Guide for installation
Yes. Make sure to replace the battery immediately when you see the low battery message to ensure uninterrupted use.
This will depend on the phone case that you have. You can use it with a phone case as long as iHealth Align is fully inserted into the audio port.
No, iHealth Align must be plugged into a smart phone, and used with the companion iHealth Gluco-Smart app in order to take a reading.
No, it is not covered by insurance, we are working with insurance providers right now to try to get coverage. However, we have priced our test strips very reasonably, making it comparable to most co-pays.
The meter and lancing device should be cleaned and disinfected following each use. We suggest that you use CaviWipesTM ((Metrex® Research Corporation, EPA Reg. No. 46781-8, EPA Est. No. 56952-WI-001). Refer to the “Cleaning and Disinfection” section in the owner’s manual for detailed information.